Find the right piece of wall art to hang above your bed so that it stands out from the rest of the room. There are numerous works of art, ranging from contemporary abstract designs to traditional paintings, that have the potential to turn your bedroom into a warm and inviting retreat. Any space in your house can benefit from the addition of a piece of wall art; it doesn’t matter if you want something that is striking and attention-grabbing or something that is understated and peaceful; the correct piece of wall art will do the trick. Continue reading for some pointers on how to select the wall art that will look best above your bed in your home.
Finding the right piece of wall art to hang above your bed can take your bedroom from ordinary to amazing in an instant. There is a wide variety of choices that may assist you in achieving the exact appearance that you want to achieve, regardless of whether you are searching for a daring and eye-catching statement piece or something that is more modest and peaceful. The following advice will assist you in selecting the wall art that will look best above your bed in the room that you have available.
Table of Contents
- Introduction to Wall Art
- Choosing the Right Wall Art
- Size and Placement of Wall Art Above the Bed
- Types of Wall Art for Above the Bed
Introduction to Wall Art
One of the least utilized areas in a bedroom is the wall that is directly over the sleeping area. A wall that is empty above the bed can give the impression that the room is unfinished and uninteresting. A piece of wall art hung over the bed is a quick and simple method to spruce up this area. Your bedroom could need a little more character and flair, and wall art could be the answer. In this piece, we will go over how to choose the appropriate wall art, its size, and placement, as well as the various forms of wall art that can be hung above the bed.
The term “wall art” is used to describe any form of artistic expression that is produced on or connected to a wall. Paintings, sketches, prints, photographs, murals, sculptures, and other types of three-dimensional art can all fall under this category. Wall art can be utilized in either the process of enhancing the design of a room or in the production of a particular mood or ambiance.
Wall art can be found in a wide variety of styles, ranging from more traditional to more contemporary, abstract to more representational. Wall art can take many forms, but some of the more common ones are landscapes, portraits, still life, abstract art, and pop art. Canvas, paper, wood, metal, glass, and plastic are just few of the materials that can be used in the creation of works of art for the wall.
Wall art can be hung on the walls of private residences, commercial establishments, art galleries, museums, as well as public buildings and spaces. It can be used to transmit cultural or societal ideas, express personal flair, or it can simply be utilized to add visual appeal to a room. Wall art is frequently selected with consideration given to one’s individual preferences, available funds, and the room’s overall aesthetic.
Wall art can also act as a focal point in a room, directing people’s attention to a certain portion of the room or an item in the room. It is possible to employ it to give the impression of depth and dimension in a space, as well as to bring together the many components of a room’s design. In addition, pieces of wall art can be used to display the work of a particular artist or to lend support to a specific cause or movement.
When choosing a piece of wall art, it is essential to take into consideration not only the color and style but also the size and scale of the item. Wall art may make a strong impression in a room, while smaller pieces can offer subtle intrigue. Larger pieces of wall art can make a dramatic statement. The colors and styles of the wall art should be picked to create a unified appearance, and they should be selected so that they complement the general design of the room.
Wall art can be displayed in a variety of ways, including by simply hanging it on the wall, putting it in a frame or using a mounting system, or propping it up on a stand or easel. Wall art can also be highlighted and improved with the help of lighting, which can do this by lending the piece an impression of depth and texture.
Wall art is a type of artistic expression that is adaptable and expressive, and it has the potential to improve any environment, from private residences to public areas. It gives people the opportunity to exhibit their own unique sense of taste and style, while also making a contribution to the aesthetic of the space or place in which they are located.
Choosing the Right Wall Art
Choosing the appropriate piece(s) of wall art can be a challenging endeavor. It is essential to choose an item that not only satisfies your individual aesthetic but also works well with the rest of the furnishings in your bedroom. You should look for an item that resonates with you and makes you feel happy or excited. It doesn’t matter if it’s a photograph, a print, or a painting; the artwork should motivate and encourage you.
The process of selecting the wall art that is most suited for your room may be one that is not only enjoyable and thrilling but also rather overwhelming. You may find the ideal piece of wall art for your house or business by keeping the following things in mind:
- Give some thought to the room’s aesthetic; the wall art that you select ought to be one that goes well with the room’s aesthetic. For instance, if you have a contemporary and minimalist room, you might want to select abstract or geometric wall art. On the other hand, if you have a more traditional or rustic room, you might want to hang paintings of landscapes or portraits.
- Take into account the dimensions of the area: The dimensions of the wall art should be proportional to the dimensions of the wall as well as the room. When hung on a wide wall, a small piece of art can easily be lost, while when hung in a small room, a giant piece of art can completely take over the space.
- Take into account the color scheme: the colors used in the wall art should go well with the colors already present in the room. Choose wall art with strong or vivid hues to inject a dash of color into a room with a monochromatic color plan. This will give the room a more interesting appearance.
- Give thought to the ambiance or mood: The wall art that you choose might contribute to the development of a certain ambiance or ambiance in the room. Strong and energizing abstract art, on the other hand, may be better suited for the living room or office than the bedroom. As an illustration, a painting of a tranquil countryside may be the ideal choice for the bedroom.
- Take into consideration the material. The material that the wall art is made of can also have an effect on the way the room looks and feels as a whole. A painting on canvas may give the appearance of being more conventional, while a sculpture made of metal may offer an air of modernity.
- Take into account your own aesthetic preferences. In the end, the wall art that you pick should be a reflection of your own aesthetic preferences and personal style. Choose objects that have personal meaning to you and that you will take pleasure in gazing at on a daily basis.
You’ll be able to select the perfect piece of wall art for your area if you keep these considerations in mind, which will result in an improvement to the room’s appearance as well as its atmosphere.
Size and Placement of Wall Art Above the Bed
When it comes to hanging wall art over the bed, size, and placement are two of the most important factors to consider. The size of the artwork ought to be in accordance with that of the bed and the wall. If the piece of art is too little for the room, it will appear out of place, and if it is too large, it may appear to completely take over the room. Choose a piece that is around two-thirds the size of the headboard as a basic rule of thumb when making your selection.
The positioning of the artwork is another crucial consideration. It should be hung in the middle of the ceiling over the bed and at eye level. You may need to change the height of the art accordingly if you have a low headboard or high ceilings in the room it is going in.
When it comes to selecting wall art for placing above the bed, there are a few things to keep in mind to ensure that you choose the appropriate size and placement for the piece.
- Dimensions: It is important that the wall art is of a size that is proportionate to the dimensions of the bed. A good rule of thumb to follow is to have the artwork take up approximately two-thirds of the width of the bed. If you have a queen or king-size bed, you might want to explore creating a gallery wall by hanging several works of art side by side on the wall opposite your bed.
- Position: The piece of wall art should be positioned so that it is centered horizontally and hung so that it is at eye level for optimal placement. It ought to be hung in such a way that, whether you are seated or lying in bed, the focal point of the piece can be seen directly in front of you. If you have a headboard, you should hang the artwork somewhat above the headboard; however, if you don’t have a headboard, you can hang the artwork immediately above the bed. If you don’t have a headboard, you should hang the artwork slightly above the headboard.
- Style: The artwork’s style ought to be such that it is compatible with the style of the bedroom. You could want to think about hanging a huge abstract painting or a black and white portrait in your bedroom if it is otherwise sparsely decorated. A landscape painting or a portrait can be a more suitable option for your bedroom if it has a more classic aesthetic.
- Lighting: Think about how the lighting in the room will affect the artwork and take it into consideration. It is possible that the artwork will become less vibrant over time if it is displayed in an area that is exposed to direct sunlight. If the room is relatively dark, installing a spotlight or other form of accent lighting to draw attention to the artwork is a good idea.
In the end, the size of the wall art that you hang above your bed and where you hang it will be determined by the design of your bedroom, the dimensions of your bed, and your own personal preferences. According to these suggestions, you will be able to select the ideal piece of artwork that will improve both the appearance and the atmosphere of your bedroom.
Types of Wall Art for Above the Bed
Above the bed, there is room for a variety of various kinds of wall art, each of which has its own distinctive appearance and mode of presentation. The following are some examples of well-liked forms of wall art that are frequently found in bedrooms:
- Paintings: Paintings are a time-honored option for adorning the walls of a home and are a great way to inject a bedroom with color and texture. Paintings of landscapes or abstract art are common selections for hanging on the wall over beds.
- Photographs: Adding photographs to your bedroom is an excellent approach to giving the space a more personalized feel. You have the option of using a single large photograph or making a gallery wall out of photographs of varying sizes.
- Mirrors: Mirrors are an excellent option for placing over a bed since they not only reflect light but also provide dimension to a room. To make a one-of-a-kind exhibit, select either a huge decorative mirror or a number of smaller mirrors in varying sizes.
- Tapestries: The addition of tapestries to a bedroom can give it a bohemian or eclectic feel. They are available in a wide range of dimensions and designs, from complex mandalas to straightforward geometric patterns.
- Wall decals: Wall decals are a common alternative for people who are looking for a wall art solution that is either temporary or removable. They are available in a wide variety of designs, from those featuring floral patterns to those featuring motivational slogans.
- Sculptures: Sculptures are a great way to give your bedroom a more three-dimensional look and to create a focal point that is all it’s own. To create a unified exhibit, select either a single huge piece that makes a statement or a number of smaller sculptures.
It is essential to take into account the piece’s dimensions, aesthetics, and intended location on the wall when selecting wall art to hang above the bed in order to produce a unified and aesthetically pleasing arrangement.
You may give your bedroom a more personalized feel and provide a focal point by hanging wall art above your bed. When searching for the perfect piece of wall art, it is important to select a piece that not only expresses your individuality but also goes well with the décor you have chosen. You may turn a plain wall into a stunning and thought-provoking work of art if you follow the advice in this article. Visit WallArtXL.com today and learn more about wall art!